It’s almost 2am.
That translates to, I really need to go to bed because I have to wake up early tomorrow and get shit done in life.
So…with my very sad college situation.
I think we all know that at this point, short of a graduate education, I REALLY don’t want to go back to school again. And definitely not in this country.
So short of going overseas for a few years to finish my degree, which I’m really not planning because…frankly I think I have my shit together now. And it’s pretty good shit. (ALTHOUGH I will admit the degrees are tempting.)
Which comes down to making the hard decision:
- I want to just FINISH the fucking degree because
- It’s good to have it to fall back on for whatever reasons
- I want to be able to enroll myself into Masters and stuff, and I CAN’T BECAUSE I DON’T HAVE A BA AND IT’S ANNOYING THE SHIT OUT OF ME
- If I ever want to take out a bank loan, it’s nice to have
- I don’t want to go back to school in person
- I want to study for the shortest possible time on the cheapest possible tuition.
Well then, that really doesn’t leave me with the choice of studying anything I LIKE or WANT.
At the end of the day, I value the knowledge more. And guess what, KNOWLEDGE THESE DAYS IS FREE ON THE WEB.
We ARE paying for certification. That’s the sad reality of it.
With that in mind, if all I need is a passable certification, then I’d choose the one that costs me the least financially and…everythin-ly, And then get an education I actually WANT by myself via what’s available online.
So basically I’ve already made up my mind, although I’m open to that interior design course, just saying. But that looks like it’s unlikely to happen and I don’t want to go back to school proper to do it.
That leaves me, effectively, with 3 choices, but it’s really 2.
So there is that.
Just..TAKE MY MONEY AND GIVE ME THE DAMN PAPER SO I CAN NOT USE ANY MONEY AND ACTUALLY LEARN SHIT.
Ironies in life.